Anabolic steroids are shrouded in controversy and mystery. Below are 5 facts to demystify the performance-enhancing drug.
- Roid Rage – Contrary to popular belief, steroids are not responsible for aggression, though they do have a tendency to enhance existing personality traits. Caffeine is more likely to make an individual blow a gasket!
- Shrinkage – The penis itself does not shrink, though it is likely the testicles will. ‘The boys’ should gradually return to their normal size once the cycle has ended.
- Medical Use – Steroids can be used as a legitimate treatment option for conditions such as anaemia, certain breast cancers and osteoporosis, to name a few.
- Effort – Steroids do not result in muscular and performance changes alone. They must be combined with sound nutrition and training in order to yield a favourable outcome.
- Baldness – There is no proven link between steroids and losing your luscious salad. Balding is heavily influenced by genetics, so blame your Mom and Pops!
By Andrew Cammarano